How to get a room with an airport view at your plane spotting hotel
As viewing areas disappear from the worldwide airport scene finding a hotel with a view is becoming an important part of planning a trip abroad.
We decided to form this web site to give fellow enthusiasts one web site where they are able to find a hotel for their destination which has been recommended by their fellow “spotters”. Once we have been given the details of the hotel we then do all of the hard work for you by attempting to find the best value web site where you can make a reservation online.
Where ever possible we have supplied the numbers of the rooms with the best views. At many hotels the number of rooms with an ideal view of the airport are strictly limited therefore we recommend that you follow the advice below to help you attempt to secure these rooms.
- On making the original reservation in the “requests” box of the booking form ask for the rooms that we recommend .
- On the day of arrival it is always a good idea to ring the hotel directly to ask them to reserve the requested room for you, sometimes this works, other times it doesn’t !
- On checking in ask again for the requested room and remind the receptionist that you have requested the room. If the rooms are not available ask if there are any others free with a similar view.
- Try to check in as early as possible, if the requested room is not available ask when it is likely to be and tell them that you do not mind waiting for the room to become available.
- If staying for more than one night ask if it will be possible to move rooms on the second night if you find that your room is unsuitable.
- If all else fails take a walk around the various levels of the hotel as you may find a corridor window with views.
Obviously as airports grow certain hotels loose their views whilst other new ones appear which give good opportunities. We therefore rely on information been given to us from other enthusiasts when they visit an airport.